What is my duty of care to employees who have been taken hostage?
What are the latest kidnapping trends?
How would I help my employee get back to work after being held captive?
Get the answers to these questions and more at our seminar on May 30th in DC. We will review the latest hostage taking trends. We will use case studies and first-hand experience to review duty of care for your employees and their families should they be taken hostage. We will discuss post-captivity support and reintegration, including health and mental health, assistance with practical challenges, best practices regarding returning to work, and strategies to manage the long-term impacts of captivity. You will hear from:
- Kieran Ramsey, Director, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell with Diane Ryan, Family Engagement Coordinator, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell and Hugh Dugan, Principal Deputy Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs;
- Audrey and Percy Pika, sons of an illegal detainee in the Republic of Congo;
- Chris Costa, Former Special Assistant to President Trump and Senior Director for Counterterrorism on the NSC alongside Mary McCord, Former Acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the Department of Justice;
- Michael Scott Moore, former hostage held in Somalia for 977 days;
- Michael A. Mason, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer, Verizon, and more.
May 30, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
K&L Gates, 1601 K St. NW, Washington, DC, 20006
Agenda and registration: https://hostageus.org/event/hostage-us-dc-seminar/
Please note, this seminar is not open to media.