Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lindt inquest: Police commander not informed of key information about siege’s final moments

Assistant Commissioner Mark Jenkins continues to give evidence / Picture: Adam Taylor
THE police commander in charge of what were the final moments of the Lindt Cafe siege had no idea the gunman had fired three shots, and not two, until just six weeks ago.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Jenkins also revealed he was never told cafe manager Tori Johnson had been forced to his knees seven minutes ­before Man Monis killed him...

Mr Jenkins, who was at the Police Operations Centre, said it was not until 1.27am that he was told Monis had demanded the lights go off.

He said he felt optimistic at that time that police could use this as bargaining chip to get the female hostages released.

Read more from the dailytelegraph.com.au [HERE].

No comments:

Post a Comment